Don't Forget the 2014 Parade of Homes
If you are thinking about purchasing a new home, building a home, or just enjoy seeing the newest trends in residential homes, don't
forget to visit the 2014 Parade of Homes. The tour, which is put on by the Ames Home Builders Association (ABHA) will be held from
Wednesday, June 4 to Sunday, June 8, and will feature new construction homes in a variety of price points and neighborhoods. Two of the
featured homes are built by HCS Builders, a sister company of Hunziker & Associates, REALTORS®.
Thinking of building? HCS builders is your answer.
Whether you are looking for a completed new construction, wanting to build a home from our catalog of plans,
or would like to build a completely custom home, HCS Builders strive to make the building process as easy and stress-free as possible.
- Over 150 years of combined experience
- Guaranteed completion schedules
- No construction loans necessary
- Warranties that are actually followed through on in a timely manner
The 2014 Parade of Homes will be showcasing the beauty and quality of HCS construction at:
4401 Timber Ridge- 3,828 total square feet, 5 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, Insulated & finished garage with work area, Screened-in back porch with
wood ceiling, Large walk-in pantry, Tray & vaulted ceilings with ship lap trim, Walk-in zero entry tile master shower, Custom entertainment center
& built-ins, Full wet bar. Call for more information.
5854 Oak Crest Circle- 5,951 square feet in this 6 bedroom, 5 bath home. Home features 2-story vaulted ship lap ceilings with beams, 4 car garage with Carriage House doors, Screened in porch with stone fireplace,
Full kitchen in lower level, Sauna, exercise, and toy rooms, Custom built-ins, James Hardie fiber cement shake siding.
The United Way of Story County needs your help!
United Way of Story County has partnered with many community organizations to provide Summer Food and Enrichment programs in Ames and Nevada.
They need volunteers to make both programs operate completely and they need your help! Please consider one or all of the following options:
We need volunteers in order for the program to be a success and hope you or someone at your business can help!
- Sign up for a shift (online or contact me @ 268-5142)
- Nevada Opportunities
- Share the information with anyone and everyone
- Let your staff fill a shift (or two, or three)
June Area Events
June 6, 7, 8
Rock the Blocks Swim Meet
June 6, 7, 8
Furman Aquatic Center, Ames
Nevada City Wide Garage Sale Days
June 6 & 7 from 8am-5pm
Reiman Gardens After Hours
June 6 from 4:30pm-7pm
Reiman Gardens, ISU
Saturdays in June
Ames on the Half Shell
Fridays from 5pm-8pm thru Aug. 1
Durham Bandshell Park, Ames
Ames Municipal Band Concerts
Thursdays at 7pm in June & July
Durham Bandshell Park, Ames
Boone City-Wide Garage Sale
Rock and Roll Community Bike Ride
June 7 from 10am-5pm
1525 N.E. 36th St., Ankeny
June Home Checklist
June is here, and it's time to get in the swing of summer. Whether you are watching your kids say goodbye to another
year of school, scheduling a major home improvement project (like painting the house), or just looking forward to
some much-deserved time hanging out on the porch, these to-dos will help get your home and yard in shape so you can
fully savor the months ahead.
- Paint your home's exterior. Summer is the ideal time for exterior painting thanks to warm, dry weather.
- Check for cracks in the foundation. Small cracks that don't pose a structural threat can let in water and pests.
- Clean the gutters and consider gutter guards. Keep dry brush and leaves out of your gutters to prevent clogs and roof damage.
- Stow school gear. Inspect school gear and decide whether to stow it for next year, donate it or toss it.
Read more at Houzz.com
- Get outdoor gear ready. Prepare for having the kids home for summer by adding something fun, like a tire swing
or new sprinkler attachment.
- Repair and seal fences and garden structures. Add a fresh coat of paint or clear wood sealant each summer.
- Streamline the kitchen. Box up some of the stuff in your kitchen cupboards that you rarely use.
- Put in screen doors.
- Set up a beach-towel drying spot. Dirt and sand will shake off a dry towel instead of clogging the washer and dryer.
- Wash the washer. Run an empty wash cycle with white vinegar instead of detergent.
- Lighten up decor. Swapping pillows and artwork is a great way to welcome the new season.
- Switch the direction of fans. Now is the time to flip the switch so cool air is directed downward.
- Make a summer to-do list. Sit down now and make a big list of all of the summery things you want to do this year, whether big (camp by a lake) or small (make ice cream).
- Enjoy some porch sitting. Squeeze in a little time to sit on your porch with a cool drink (or a cup of hot coffee) for a few minutes each day.
Looking for a Fun Summer Activity? We have one for you!
Stop by your local Hunziker & Associates, REALTORS office and pick up a FREE Perfect Games Summer Savings Card.
Perfect Games features bowling, laser tag, arcade games, Kingpin pizza restaurant, and a sports bar. Perfect Games offers fun for the whole family all summer and we
have a savings card for you that includes discounted bowling, bonus arcade dollars, free laser tag, and food savings.