Don't Forget the 2015 Parade of Homes!
If you are thinking about purchasing a new home, building a home, or just enjoy seeing the newest trends in residential homes, we invite you to join us for the
2015 Parade of Homes. The tour, which is put on by the Ames Home Builders Association (ABHA) will feature
8 new construction homes in a variety of price points and neighborhoods.
2015 Show Homes
The Parade of Homes schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, June 3: 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Thursday, June 4: 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Friday, June 5: 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Saturday, June 6: 12pm to 6pm
Sunday, June 7: 12pm to 6pm
- Integrity Construction - 5406 Harvest Road
- Prestige Builders - 5210 Harvest Road
- Bella Homes - 3652 Bella Circle
- Happe Homes - 2902 Weston Drive
- Dreamscape Homebuilders - 4027 Brighton Circle
- HCS Builders - 4307 Timber Ridge Drive
- Geisinger Construction, Inc. - 400 Ash Avenue (remodel)
- Tasteful Homes - 2711 Coyote Drive
Tickets for the event are $5.00 each, and are good for all 8 homes on all 5 days. Tickets will be available on or before the days of the Parade of Homes at the
First National Bank, downtown location in Ames, as well as the Hunziker & Associates, REALTORS® office at 105 South 16th Street. A portion of the proceeds
from the show will benefit the AHBA Scholarship fund and other community projects. Ames Home Builders Association (ABHA) www.ameshomebuilders.com
Get Off The Fence! Now's The Time To List!
This may be an unusual forum to state a problem of our own creation, and we must confess we brought it on ourselves. Over the past few months
we have sold so many of our residential listings, that we now find ourselves needing more.
How did this happen? The number of listings that we have sold, or are currently sale pending, are up dramatically this year. We haven't been able
to replace those listings with new listings at the same rate. Simply put, we have out-sold ourselves. While this is certainly a good thing, as a
great many of our seller clients are pleased that their homes are now sold, we are in need of additional homeowners who want to sell their homes.
We have several dozen willing and able buyers who are simply waiting for the right home.
If you or someone you know is looking to sell their home this spring or summer season, please contact your Hunziker & Associates Realtor®
who will be glad to help turn a listing into a successful sale.
Backyard Barbeque Tips & Tricks
Barbecue, the oldest cooking method, is also a huge American pastime and tradition. Now that summer is here, it's time to clean up the grill and start moving social gatherings outside.
We have a few tips and tricks for a successful season full of backyard barbecues.
Click here for more backyard barbeque tips.
- Consider picking a theme - Whether you grill fish for tacos on Mexican night, or serve up a hotdog bar for an all American feast, a theme is a fun way to plan your event.
- Prep in advance - Almost everything but the grilled meat can be prepared in advance. Doing so will free up your time so that you can spend your evening socializing instead of chopping and baking.
- Let your guests help - Most people are more than willing to bring a dish. Take guests up on their offer or even consider a pot luck style party.
- Invest in a digital thermometer - They are inexpensive and will save you from the guess work.
- Practice - T It's a good idea to get to know your grill before the night of the big party. They all differ slightly so do a few trial runs before the guests come over.
- Bring on the games - Volleyball, croquet and badminton and so many more. Choose games that will work for all ages.
- Make extra food - Prepare and cook more food that you think you need. It's always good to have too much than too little. You can always send leftovers home with your guests.
- Keeps pests away - Get rid of standing water, light some citronella candles and have bug spray available.
- Think about seating and lighting - As the evening progresses you will want to make sure you have plenty of both.
- Keep the kids entertained - Have some bubbles and sidewalk chalk on hand or turn on the sprinkler to keep the kids occupied.
It's summertime...is there is anything better than firing up the grill and enjoying this beautiful season with family, friends and food? We've found some amazing recipes that may make your backyard barbecue even more delicious!
June Area Events
June 5, 6 8, & 7
Ames on the Half Shell
Fridays in June from 5pm-8pm
Bandshell Park, Ames
June 5th and 6th
Shrek the Musical
Performances throughout June
Actors, 120 Abraham Dr., Ames
Family Friendly 20th Anniversary Celebration at Reiman Gardens
June 6 starting at 10am
Reiman Gardens, ISU, Ames
Midwest British Motor Show
June 6 from 9am-3pm
Skunk River Restorations, Ames
Summerfest in Campustown
June 6 from 3pm-9pm
200 block of Welch Ave., Campustown, Ames
Classic Car Day
June 7 from 12pm-3pm
Iowa Arboretum, Madrid
Hands-on Fun: Living History Farms
Daily, June 8-August 9
10am-12pm & 1pm-3pm
Living History Farms, Urbandale
Community Ice Cream Social
June 13 from 12pm-3pm
Ames History Center, 416 Douglas Ave., Ames
Summer Antique Jamboree
June 14 at 8am
Valley Junction, West Des Moines
American Ethanol 200: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
June 19 & 20
Iowa Speedway, Newton
Hope Run for Hospice
June 20, race at 8am
Ames Middle School, Ames
Green Days Festival
6700 Merle Hay Road, Johnston
BACooN RIDE Too
71 mile Loop on the Raccoon River Valley Trail
June 20 beginning at 9:30am
James W. Cownie Soccer Park, Des Moines
Iowa Craft Brew Festival
June 20 from 1pm-5pm
Court Ave. bridge, downtown Des Moines
Veenker's 2 Player Bestshot
June 21 at 8am
Veenker Memorial Golf Course, Ames
Des Moines Arts Festival
Western Gateway Park, Des Moines
Nevada Kiwanis Rockin' Country BBQ Fest
June 27 & 28
Story County Fairgrounds, Nevada
River Bank Bash
June 27 at 10am, first act at 1pm
Water Works Park, Des Moines
Lost Ladybug Project
June 27 at 2pm
McFarland Park, Ames
Sing-Along, Dance-Along, Do-Along Concert
June 29 from 6:30pm-8:30pm
Ames Public Library, Ames
Goodguys 24th Heartland Nationals
Iowa Stae Fairgrounds, Des Moines