Thinking of Selling? What to do now?
So... you have decided to sell your home. What do you do first? Maybe this was your first home, so now it will be the first time that you are on the selling side of
the real estate transaction. Maybe you have sold homes before, but it has been awhile. Again, what should you do first?
Selling a home involves more than just putting a "For Sale" sign in the yard. There is the:
And then when there is an offer:
- Pricing - what does the market say my home is worth?
- Promotion - how do I get the best exposure - print, internet, direct mail?
- Staging/decluttering - how do I make my home show well?
- Photos, virtual tours, 3D walkthroughs - how good of a photographer am I?
- Showing appointments - how do I know the people coming to my door are qualified?
- Open Houses - do I want potential buyers coming through on a Sunday afternoon?
- Negotiating the best price - am I a good negotiator?
- Inspections - what might an inspector find wrong with my house?
- Paperwork - what do I need and am I protected?
How do I manage selling my home when I am busy looking for a new place or I have already moved out of town?
You have one home to sell. Hunziker & Associates is in the business of selling homes. In 2015, our REALTORS negotiated the sale of 331 homes
that they listed. We know what it takes to get your home sold and can answer all of the above questions. Let us take care of the details of
marketing and selling your home so that you can move on to your next home.
4. Clean up the Kitchen
5. Prep Your Dish
- Clear space for all the slow cookers you'll be expecting.
- Set up a large table with a festive tablecloth.
- For dishes that need to continue warming, set aside a space on your counter that's near an outlet.
- Make sure to save room for garnishes if necessary.
6. Enjoy the Meals!
- Don't forget to prep your own dish for the party in advance.
- Pick a recipe that enhances what your guests are bringing.
- Have extra bread, crackers, and chips available.
- Don't forget the beverages!
Interested in learning more about hosting a Crock Pot Potluck Party?
- Have the plates and bowls ready.
- Don't forget serving utensils and cutlery.
- Fun tip: Have a printed recipe available for each dish to share with guests.
Check out these helpful links Slow-Cooker Tips for Parties.,
How to Host a Slow Cooker Potluck,
Crockpot Party and Freezer Meal Swap.
Scenic Valley Model Home NOW OPEN!
4115 Aldrin Ave.
Hunziker & Associates, REALTORS is holding the HCS Builders model home open every Saturday and Sunday from 1pm-3pm.
Stop by to learn about the variety of lots available in Scenic Valley and how HCS can make building a home work for you.
Our agents have information on over 20 new homes currently under construction and also on Haydens Crossing, the newest subdivision overlooking Ada Hayden.
Click here to view the HCS homes currently listed
and visit Hunziker Land Development for lot availability.
February Area Events
Actors: Moon Over Buffalo
Feb. 5-6, 11-13 at 7:30pm
Feb. 14 at 2pm
120 Abraham Dr., Ames
Reza appearing at The Talent Factory
Feb. 7 at 2pm
The Talent Factory, Nevada
Des Moines Home Garden Show
Iowa Events Center, Des Moines
Feb. 12 from 6:30pm-9pm
Blank Park Zoo, Des Moines
Feb. 13 from 9:30am-11am
McFarland Park, Ames
Ames Town & Gown Annual Musicale
Feb. 13 at 7pm
St. John's Episcopal Church, Ames
Valentine's Day Party
Feb. 13 from 7pm-10pm
Snus Hill Winery, 2183 320th St., Madrid
Ragtime - The Musical
Feb. 18 at 7:30pm
Stephens Auditorium, ISU, Ames
It's a Chocolate Thing
Feb. 20 from 10:30am-12pm
Des Moines Botanical Garden, Des Moines
Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival
Iowa Events Center, Des Moines
Cabin Fever: Spirits & Sweets
Feb. 20 from 3pm-6pm
Living History Farms, Urbandale
Winter Arts & Crafts Show
Iowa State Fairgrounds, Des Moines
Dog Safety Education for Children
Feb. 27 from 10am-12pm
Treats on a Leash, Downtown, Ames
Story County Freedom Flight Bean Bag Tournament
Feb. 21 at 1pm
Mar. 21 at 1pm
Moose Lodge, Ames
Outside the Lines
Feb. 18 at 6:30pm
Nevada Public Library, Nevada
Geology of Story County
Feb. 20 from 10am-12pm
McFarland Park, Ames
Chilly Chili Challenge 2016
Feb. 28 from 1:30pm-4:30pm
Ames Golf and Country Club, Ames
Feb. 28 from 1pm-4pm
Quality Inn & Suites, Ames
Interpreting the Numbers
Why is the statistic of original list price to sales price ratio an important figure for a home seller to consider when deciding the listing price of their home? Simply stated, time is
an enemy for a home seller, please see graph. Establishing the ideal original asking price on day one is absolutely critical for a home seller to obtain the highest net return for two major
Homes that are priced at market value at the outset typically receive offers at or near full asking price, and in many instances, multiple offers in excess of the asking price.
- The first week or two that a home is on the market is the peak of showing activity as evidenced by buyer traffic through the home. These home buyers are already in
the marketplace, and are usually motivated and in a position to make a decision to purchase.
- The longer period of time a home is on the market, home buyers will intuitively ask the following questions: Why has this home been on the market so long? Why do I like this home,
apparently no one else does? What's wrong with this home? These questions are often followed by the buyer answering their own question, such as, "The home is obviously over-priced."