Year to date stats say: It's still a good time to sell!
Homes are still being listed for sale and just maybe one of them is the perfect home for you. Below is the year to date activity for Ames. The number of homes sold is down just over 4%, but the average sale price is up just over 4%.
Based on information reported to the Central Iowa MLS 1/1/2016-9/30/16.
If you are thinking about making a move, contact a Hunziker & Associates, REALTOR, to see what your next move could be.
United Way: Live United
Giving back to our communities with our time and dollars.
Hunziker & Associates, REALTORS believes in giving back to the communities in which we do business. From sponsorship of little league teams
to the various high school After-Prom activities, the REALTORS and Staff believe in giving back in time and money.
Hunziker & Associates, REALTORS is a proud supporter of United Way. Our REALTORS and staff contribute to the local United Way chapter
by volunteering time and donating money.
United Way advances the common good by focusing on education, income and health - the building blocks for a good quality of life. United Way
recruits people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. You're invited to be a part of the
change. You can give, you can advocate and you can volunteer. That's what it means to LIVE UNITED.
United Way's LIVE UNITED Campaign is a way for businesses and individuals to invest in our county by meeting the basic human service needs of people
who live or work here. Money raised impacts programs in three areas of education, income and health.
To learn more about the United Way or to donate please visit United Way of Story County or
United Way of Central Iowa.
Fall yard maintenance
Read more about fall yard maintenance by visiting Fall Lawn Care: 6 Steps to take right now from Popular Mechanics.
- Keep Mowing: Continue to mow, as needed, to keep your grass at 2 1/2-3 inches in length. Letting grass get too long can promote fungi growth.
- Aerate the Soil: Aerate your lawn so that oxygen, water, and fertilizer can easily reach the grass's roots.
- Rake the Leaves: It's important to remove fallen leaves from your lawn as soon as possible to prevent matting that can suffocate the grass.
- Fertilize for Future Growth: A fall application of fertilizer delivers essential nutrients for the grass to grow deep roots now, and to keep nutrients on reserve for a healthy start next spring.
- Fill in Bald Spots: The quickest, easiest way to do this is with an all-in-one lawn repair mixture applied to prepared bald spots.
- Weed Control: Apply an herbicide now and the weeds won't return in the spring.
Fall Bucket List
Fall is upon us! The trees become aflame with color and feel that gorgeous crisp air fill your lungs. The sound of leaves crunching underfoot
and the taste of warm pumpkin pie and hot apple cider fills you with nostalgia and a deep happiness that no other season offers. Here are some
fun ideas for you to make the most of this beautiful fall! How many can you do?
Visit our blog for more Fall Bucket List ideas.
- Pick your own pumpkin. This is always a favorite fall activity. Finding the perfect pumpkin (...or two...or twelve) is a must to celebrate fall
with front porch decorations or table center pieces. Here is a list of some pick your own pumpkin patches in the Des Moines and surrounding area:
Center Grove Orchard, Giesler Farms,
Will's Orchard, & Pumpkinville.
- Carve a pumpkin. This goes hand-in-hand with picking your own pumpkin. Pick a unique design or go for a classic Jack-o-lantern pattern -
you can't go wrong! Here are some ideas to help you get started!
- Make some delicious fall food. Okay. This is one of the best parts of autumn! The warm, rich flavors of this pleantiful season are abundant.
Here are some amazing dishes to try this fall!
- Wander in a corn maze. Make sure to take someone not directionally challenged! Here's a list of corn mazes in the area: Giesler Farms,
Howell's Pumpkin Patch, and North River Adventures.
- Take a hay rack ride. There is nothing more FALL than this! Perfect for date night, girls' night out, a family picnic, or
some me-time! Here are some places you can ride a hay ride: Deal's Orchard, Center Grove Orchard,
The Pumpkin Ranch, and Geisler Farms.
- Create beautiful fall decor. Bring the warm colors of fall into your home with these beautiful and simple
- Take a drive or hike. Take time to enjoy the beauty of the vibrant fall colors by hiking or driving through a state park like the
September Area Events
Pumpkin Express Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad
Oct. 5, 15, & 22
West Side Story
Des Moines Playhouse, 831 42nd St., Des Moines
47th Annual Madison County Covered Bridge Festival
Oct. 8-9 from 9am-5pm
Paint Your Own Pottery: Cardinal and Gold
Oct. 14 from 4pm-8pm
Workspace at ISU, Ames
Scare Us Hill Cocktail Party
Oct. 14 from 5:30pm-8pm
Terrace Hill, Des Moines
Halloween Hides and Creepy Caches
Oct. 14 from 7:30pm-9:30pm
McFarland park, Ames
Oct. 14 from 8pm-9pm
Hilton Coliseum, ISU, Ames
Ar "boo ween" Halloween & Ar "boo" Scare
Oct. 15 from 1:00pm-3:00pm
Iowa Arboretum, Madrid
Monster Dash 5K
Oct. 15 at 6pm
The Square in Polk City
Ar "boo" Scare
Oct. 15 from 6:00pm-9:00pm
Iowa Arboretum, Madrid
Ghostly Macabre Scary Stories
The Talent Factory, Nevada
Oct. 20-23 & 27-30
Thursdays and Fridays: 5:30pm-8pm
Saturdays & Sundays: 1pm-8pm
Blank Park Zoo, Des Moines
The Aluminum Show
Oct. 20 at 7:30pm
Stephens Auditorium, ISU, Ames
Hollywood Halloween The Premier Costume Party
Oct. 21 from 7pm-11pm
Scottish Rite Consistory, 519 Park St., Des Moines
Winter Weatherization Challenge
Oct. 22 at 8am or 9:30am
Collegiate Methodist Church, Ames
Oct. 22 at 8am
Center Grove Orchard, Cambridge
Haunted Hollow 5K
Oct. 22 at 9am
Walker Johnson Park, Urbandale
Great Iowa Pet Expo
Oct 22 from 10am-6pm
Oct. 23 from 10am-4pm
Iowa State Fairgrounds, Des Moines
Oct. 22 at 3pm
Drake Stadium, Des Moines
Spirits in the Garden
Oct. 22-23 from 4pm-9pm
Reiman Gardens, Ames
Family Halloween - Fairytales & Superheroes
Oct. 22 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
Living History Farms, Urbandale
Pumpkin Walk Valley Junction
Oct. 23 from 2pm-5pm
Historic valley Junction, WDSM
Komen Race for the Cure
Oct. 29 at 9am
State of Iowa Capitol Grounds, Des Moines
Oct. 29 at 10am-5pm
Science Center, Des Moines
Spooky Paws Parade
Oct. 30 at 2pm
Historic East Village, Des Moines
Oct. 30 at 7:30pm
Stephens Auditorium, ISU, Ames